Monday, September 25, 2017

Stealth Cam G42NG



This is a small camera similar in size to the Moultrie M-880 cameras we are reviewing this year. The display is a two line LCD thus no photo viewer on this one. The G42 uses a hinged, camera in the back design which is convenient as the camera does not flop around when you open it.. It requires 8 AA batteries which are stored in a pop out tray.. It has slots for a wide large buckled strap and a python cable hole on the back of the camera as well as tripod mount on the bottom. It supports photo, video and time lapse modes. The clear LED flash array cover has some lines etched to provide break up of the dark blue/black leds.

The set up was easy, did not use the book and I had this camera (like MOULTRIE M-40 GAME CAMERA )taking photos on the range quickly. There are some new button switch settings and labels. These are OFF, 01, 02, 03, CUSTOM, and TEST. I used Custom to configure the typical camera settings. Apparently the 01, 02 and 03 are quick presets for ease of use. This camera supports Photo, video and Time Lapse + Motion. Like the Moultrie’s we are testing this year, the camera comes with a setting to control motion blur called “Reduce Blur” which makes more sense to me than Moultrie’s “Motion Freeze” terminology.

I managed to get some range sample pictures. The sunny photos have a realistic color profile with a minor degree of fuzziness.

I managed to capture the range photos, using both Reduce blur options. On all shots I could still see a fuzziness which I believe is an out of focus issue. I do not have a second camera to test with but I feel the lens is out of focus. I like the white balance on these images better than the G30 if only they were not out of focus. There is usable flash range beyond 60 feet. There is a degree of IR burn on the ground and nearby subjects. I performed some sensing tests at 81 degrees and the camera would not sense beyond 37 feet. I would expect better than that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

THE BEST JUM STARTERS

The new PowerAll XL1 is the next generation of the Deluxe model, our runner-up. Externally, the pack is identical to its predecessor, thou...